launching m3u playlist with intent

by Seb » Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:11:31 GMT

Is there a way to launch a playlist whith intent?

I can retrieve the path of the m3u playlist with:
Cursor cursor = context.getContentResolver().query
(MediaStore.Audio.Playlists.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI, null, null, null,
null);
cursor.getString(cursor.getColumnIndex
(MediaStore.Audio.Playlists.DATA));

But, I can't launch this m3u file neither with Intent nor with
MediaPlayer.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

launching m3u playlist with intent

by Marco Nelissen » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:23:56 GMT

No.

launching m3u playlist with intent

by Marco Nelissen » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:30:16 GMT

 Well, OK, that's not entirely true. While you can't play an arbitrary
m3u file, you can play playlists that are in the database (which may
have come from m3u files originally, in which case there path is in
the _data column).
To see how, you can look at what happens when you put a shortcut to a
playlist on the home screen and then launch it.

launching m3u playlist with intent

by Seb » Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:36:13 GMT

 Hi Marco,

Thank you very much for the response. You give me the key to find the
solution.

I had to study the code of PlaylistBrowserActivity to find the
solution.

I give it here if someone else search the solution:
Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
intent.setComponent(new ComponentName
("com.android.music","com.android.music.PlaylistBrowserActivity"));
intent.setType(MediaStore.Audio.Playlists.CONTENT_TYPE);
intent.setFlags(0x10000000);
intent.putExtra("oneshot", false);
intent.putExtra("playlist", playlistid);
startActivity(intent);

and to retrieve the playlistid:
Cursor cursor = getContentResolver().query
(MediaStore.Audio.Playlists.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI, null, null, null,
null);
if (cursor != null) {
 if (cursor.moveToFirst()) {
  do {
     playlistid = cursor.getString(cursor.getColumnIndex
(MediaStore.Audio.Playlists._ID));
     playList.add(playlist);
     } while (cursor.moveToNext());
     cursor.close();

launching m3u playlist with intent

by hav...@gmail.com » Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:12:32 GMT

 Awesome. I love you! :)
This was just what I was looking for.

1. Beautiful Live Weathe

keren nih, sinkron ama background nya...

2. Can any one tell me steps to port android to Nokia 5130

Hello Vasudev,

The 5130 device is a phone running on Nokia's own mobile phone OS. To get
Android running on it, you would need tons of things in place:

1. A Linux kernel (with sources) capable of booting up on the device
2. Sufficient CPU power (I don't know the specs of the CPU in this one - but I
doubt they're sufficient)
3. Sufficient RAM
4. Sufficient filesystem storage
5. The skills to do a full port yourself
6. Etc.

While I understand you desire to get Android on your phone, I think it is close
to impossible to get even point no. 1 in place without being a Nokia employee.
You really need a kind of open device to do Android ports.

I would suggest just installing an Android theme in Symbian and get a real
Android phone later :-)

http://www.zedge.net/themes/2609/nokia-5130-xpressmusic-themes/0-6-1-android/

---
Henrik Uhrenfeldt